Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Top 5 Tuesday: Top 5 Super Smartypants



The Topic of this week's Top 5 is: TOP 5 SUPER SMARTYPANTS. Cartoons are known for showcasing brilliant minds and geniuses. i mean, look at anything on TV nowadays and you can go without seeing a glasses-wearing-briefcase-having wunderkind outwitting even his or her teacher. this list is my short list of those who fit this criteria.



5. Wile E. Coyote
I don't know when it happened but all of a sudden Mr.Coyote got some book learning and became (how he modestly puts it) A SUPER GENIUS.  within a few short years he changed route from the road runner and set his eyes on Bugs Bunny. I like to think that he went on to teach at some fancy ivy league university on the side. either way, my grades aren't good enough :(



 4. Twilight Sparkle
If you don't know who this charming young filly is... then congratulations you have been living under a rock that probably doesn't have any internet access. This is Twilight Sparkle, one of the six main characters of the hit show My little Pony: Friendship is Magic (see, i told you that you were gonna see these ponies). if you follow the show, you will know that she is the voice of logic among her friends. her friends include, a talking baby dragon, a flying horse that talks to animals, and a magical overlord (10pts if you can name who i am talking about). 




3. Susan and Mary Test 
if you know me personally, you know that I DESPISE Johnny Test and everything that comes from that show, but you can't ignore the fact that these two are without a doubt the most innovative of the geniuses of this list. i mean, these two have the time to build particle beams, transporters, time machines, and even ACTUAL SMARTYPANTS while at the same time swoon over a total douchebag (gill).Teenage girls will be teenage girls I guess, but i do commend these twins on their time management skills.   
  


2. Jimmy Neutron
This week's Silver medal goes to one of my favorite cartoons in the early 2000's. Jimmy is the epitome of the word "Genius" Don't believe me look at the title of the show. What I liked most about Jimmy is that you could believe that he's a Genius. I enjoyed watching the entire series and was sadden to find out that this series never had a proper finale. also, my roommate totally looks like sheen. 



1. Dexter  
like the ancient stories say "one genius to rule them all". if you were a child of the 90's, you could not go a day without tuning into cartoon network and watching Dexter's lab. This show set the precedent for all these other shows that features the mentally gifted. Dexter is the original "Baby Genius" or third grader. I never knew how old Dexter was. 


Honorable Mentions: Jean Grey, Professor X, Beast
And now the Comic fan boys will kill me. Look, i know that the X-men are very exceptional when it comes to the brain, but I wanted this list to feature more of the cartoony side of smarts. less mind meld, more BRAIN BLAST!!! 

remember to Follow me on Twitter @TheToonCapsule, E-Mail me Suggestions at jjtooncapsule@gmail.com

AND AS ALWAYS STAY TOONED  ;p


No comments:

Post a Comment